African Adventure #6

Mombasa Travel Blog

Jambo from Mombasa,
Sorry it has been so long. Getting into town to a functioning internet cafe is a one hour drive (if someone is available to take me). My only other option is taking a matatu (taxi) on my own, which has not been recommended, and I told my mother I wouldn't travel by myself. Anyway, I have been enjoying the coastal city of Mombasa for four days now. I've been staying here with a co-worker's family and have been having tons of fun....a visit to the beautiful coastline of Kenya, a night out on the town until the wee hours of the morning, a guided walk through Fort Jesus, and many other adventures. It has been a nice break from the rural area and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ocean breeze.
I am headed back to Kisumu/Luanda today with Sherry. It was nice to meet Christine's sisters and other family members. They were so hospitable to Sherry and I, and everyone made our visit to Mombasa very memorable. I am excited to get back to the students for our last few days together. I will spend Tuesday through Friday at the school and then I am off to Nairobi for my 9-10 day Safari adventure through Kenya and Tanzania. I am very excited to see all the animals there. Don't worry Chris I will be taking tons of great pics, especially of the lions. I return back to the states on August 12th. I will try and email again from Nairobi. Until then.....
Kelly :-)