AfricaEgyptCairo

African Adventure #1

Cairo Travel Blog

Hello All,

I have arrived safely in Egypt. It wasn't easy though. When I arrived at the airport for my 6:55 flight, the airline said I was supposed to be on the 4:50 flight. My travel agent made a serious error!! As they told me this, I could feel the tears start to roll down my face....5-6 months of planning down the drain because my travel agent screwed up. So, I was placed on standby and sent on my way. I reminded myself of a conversation I had with Chris the previous day about "The Secret" and the power of positive thinking. It worked....I envisioned myself on the flight to London, and as a reward for my hour of stress, I was placed in business class.....wine, great dinner, reclining sleeper seat, video game/movie/TV screen on the seat in front of me.... what a great reward!! :-)

Needless to say, I am here in Egypt and traveling with 12 new friends. Highlights of the week include: the Great Pyramids at Giza, the Sphinx, Abu Simbel (the largest temple in Egypt), the amazingly flavorful food, the hecticness of Cairo/Giza (population 20 million), and I am excited to be departing on a felucca in a few minutes to go sail up the Nile for 2 days of relaxation. Anyway, I just wanted to let all of you know I arrived safely and my African Adventure is off to a great start. Many more great stories to come.....

Hugs,