Castro Valley Travel Blog

Hello Family & Friends,

My desire to explore educational systems all over the world continues this summer with my next trip to Africa. So far, I have been exposed to different educational systems in India, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Australia and I'm very much looking forward to teaching in Kenya, AFRICA this summer. First I will be spending 2 fun-filled, adventurous weeks in Egypt simply because I have always wanted to see the Pyramids. Then I will be off to Kenya to volunteer/teach for 5 more weeks. I will be teaching math at a secondary school and also visiting local elementary and middle schools outside of Kisumu, Kenya (near Lake Victoria). Don't worry, I won't be swimming in the lake. :-)

I just wanted to let all of you know about my next upcoming adventure. I will be staying on-site at the school in Kenya and will again receive room and board in exchange for my work. I am fortunate enough to be able to do all of this through a co-worker at CVHS who is originally from Kenya. I will again try and email once a week while I am gone, but depending on the electricity and internet access, I may not be so lucky. I am also going to try and do a blog on myspace, but it all depends on the access to internet facilities.

I am not asking for anything right now except your thoughts and prayers as I prepare to depart and during my time away (June 22-August 12th). I will post all of my pictures on  once I return in August. So, enjoy the emails while I am gone, and if you are inspired to sponsor a child in Kenya (or donate towards sponsoring a child at $400/year), I will email all the details upon my return. Otherwise, keep me in your thoughts and prayers and enjoy the emails and photographs from my next world adventure.

Kelly :-)