Epidavros and temples

Epidauros Travel Blog

We got on the coach bright and early the next day headed for the ancient site of Epidavros in order to visit its very well preserved and impressive Dionysian theatre. We climbed right up to the very top, which was a considerable height, and then our teacher dropped a pebble in the middle and we could still hear it clattering onto the floor! Just as we were about to leave the theatre, a group of kids came in, around 17-18 in full Grecian dress and began performing, a bad version of Oedipus Tyrannus. It was truely awful, Oedipus kept getting the most important line wrong and said twice "I killed my mother and killed my father and married my mother..."

Next we went and had a quick look round the museum there but was only a very tiny one. It homed a load of statues of Aesklepios and offering to the god, asking for his healing. These consisted of casts of all different parts of the body, and yes, I mean ALL body parts. We had a look around the site which was immense and we didn't have nearly enough time, although we did get to see the hippotheatre and various remains.
Epidauros