Travelling to Brazil from Mongolia

Ulaanbaatar Travel Blog

I thought getting visa for US was difficult, but I was wrong. Mongolia has only an honorary consulate of Brazil and it doesn't issue visas to Brazil so I had to complete the paperwork and submit it to the honorary consulate in Ulaanbaatar (UB), Mongolia. Then they would ship my paperwork to Brazil embassy in Beijing, China. After waiting for 1 month I have finally heard that my visa was issued and is en route to UB. The visa cost me US$100 and DHL US$50.
As soon as I heard that my visa has been issued I was able to start making plans. Number one question is how to get to Sao Paulo. After checking the expedia, orbitz and alike, a local ticketing agency quoted me the best price so far. Which is US$1700 roundtrip from Beijing to Sao Paulo.  Not sure which route to pick through US or Europe or Emirates. I guess the price will decide. But comfort will be the deciding factor.
From UB I will take a local train and cross the Mongolian-Chinese border on feet and then get on an overnight sleeper bus to Beijing. In total it will take 2 nights and 3 days for about US$100 to get to Beijing.  This is quite a familiar route, so I don't see any difficulties there.

More will come soon