Kentucky

Greensburg Travel Blog

April 20th
  Touched down in Nashville Tennessee. Sarah (my dog) made the trip like a pro but was more than happy to finally be out of her crate to stretch her legs. Getting off the plane I find out that my brother might be having his baby tonight! That would be my 13 niece/nephew and officially makes me the only one of my siblings left with no kids, THANK GOD! I'm heading over to my parents to drop off Sarah and pick up my car. Hopefully I'll be on the road again soon.

April 21st- Woot
 Congratulate me I'm an Uncle again! I'll have a picture of Savanna Nicole up soon!

April 22nd- Louisville
  Well since I'm here I might as well check out the state and knock one off the list right? I decided to head out to Louisville to meet up with a couple of the local Couch Surfers for a music event.
A cool little show right off the river. None of the bands I had heard of before but none the less it was a great time. A couple of us went out for some drinks after and I got to show off a little of my billiards skill. Crashed in my car down the road and took off back the next morning. Looks like derby's coming up. I might stick around a little longer.

April 24th- Lex
  It's Friday so I thought it be a good day to see what was going on in Lexington. I was going to meet up with a couple of the local CS in Lex for a drink. When I got down there I couldn't find them at all. Turns out they never showed up and didn't call me to let me know noone was going. It wasn't a total loss though. Ended up meeting someone from Bulgaria going to school near there.
Going to catch my dinner
We talked for about an hour or two and as it turns out the CSers had chosen a good part of town to be in. Ended up having a pretty good night over all.

April 25th- Bowling Green
  I ended up crashing at one of the bartenders houses at the end of the night and since no one gave any great suggestions the night before on what to see. Seems like everyone has derby on the mind. I decided to head to Bowling Green. I took a long route to see some of the Country area. Drove down through several of the counties and found the most amazing house for sale so I went to check it out. It might as well have been a castle. I don't know, do you think 1.2 mil is too much?
  Got a few pictures in along the way and into Bowling Green after dinner and a nap around, I'd say 10:00ish.
Waiting on x-rays still no meds
It really was just a college town. I wasn't too thrilled with Lex but I was there so I went down to the bars for more area info (Traveling note #1 I find at least 4 times as many things to see from people at bars then anything else.). Now I liked the crowd in BG. It was still a college town so the party was there, but it also seemed a little more laid back and a better mix of late twenties and thirties as well. Plus there were several people I met from the smaller towns near where I was staying. Another plus, there are pool tables in Lexington. (by the way, its my goal to play pool in as many places as possible)

April 28th
  Yesterday I decide to try out being a cowboy and decide to go ride a horse. Long story short, the horse throws me and I break both my arm and wrist. I spend all day going to three hospitals across the state and finally get to someone who can do the surgery required to fix it.
Poor girl
All in all, minus the agony I was in from 9 am to 10pm when I finally got some drugs, I actually had a decent day and a great story for my log.
  The guy I was riding with spooked the horse which was supposed to be very well behaved. She started bucking and off I go, although they gave my props for staying on so long on a bucking horse running down hill. I brace my fall with my left hand and knew I i broke everything the second I hit the ground.
  This morning the horse  is laying out in the field and not getting up. It turns out the horse I was riding has a parasite that effects the brain and yesterday when I was riding her she was going crazy. The sad part is shes going to have to be put down. There's no treatment available for the parasite:'-( The owner is very upset it was her favorite horse.
Poor girl
Ive never seen a round bridge bef…
I've never seen a round bridge be…
passing through the country