Arrived London

London Travel Blog

Refueling our plane

At the midway point (about 12 hours) we stopped in Hong Kong for 2 hours.  It had been night for the whole flight but I was able to look out of Hong Kong airport to see the sun rise from behind the mountains and the fog.

11 hours more and we were landing in London.  This leg was all in daylight.  I didn't bother trying to sleep this time.

I skipped through immigration checks without an issue because of my right of abode status and my day pack as my only luggage.  Coming out into the arrival halls Ma spotted me straight away.  D&U had gone down and picked her up the day before and taken her back to London overnight.  She was pretty well adjusted but very happy to see me here at last.

We drove back to D&U place where I freshened up before they took us out to a pub for dinner.

Hong Kong dawn
  It was a nice place.  The waitresses were in Easter costumes, the single barman was slow and dribbled my beer out of my glass.  I hate that!  Ural paid for everything.  He wouldn't let Ma do any paying at all and I had traveled without money.

When we got home I excused myself and had a shower before hitting the sack.  It was about 6pm there and they had given up their room for me.  Ma was sleeping in the spare room and they were on the floor in the lounge.  Lovely folk!

Next day we got through breakfast and I spent a couple of hours telephoning all the insurance (SOS) people in Aus and NZ to find out what it was I had to do.  Once I had a handle on that we thought about heading into the city to go back to Bexhill by train.  D&U escorted us through to Victoria on the underground but we got the the turn-styles just as the 12noon train pulled out.  D&U went off home whilst Ma and I went up the Wetherspoons and had some lunch on a balcony overlooking the Victoria Station travelers.

pushcarts
pushcarts
Victoria Station bustle
Victoria Station bustle
London-Bexhill train ride
London-Bexhill train ride
London Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Above the travelling travellers
We just missed our train from Victoria Station to Bexhill -because of a blockage created by work being carried out at the ticket turn-styles. So afte… read entire review
London