Hanoi - Day 2

Hanoi Travel Blog

I had Beef Noodle as my breakfast this morning around 7.30 and waiting for my travel agent to pick me up at 8 am. The beef noodle was the only food i could eat in Hanoi. haha.

So, the tour guide arrived and i was taken to her minibus. Our group had 12 people including me.

The first stop was Ho Chi Minh’s Mauseloum. The final resting place of the beloved national hero, Uncle Ho. It was closed during renovation. We couldn’t go inside. The we moved to the presiden’t stilt house where he lived off and on from 1958 to 1969. We did see the famous One PIllar Pagoda. It was quite interesting.

Later on, we visited Vietnam Museum of Ethnology. Then we went for lunch which was really sucks. But i saw from the kitchen that the chef was really really young. just about my age.

After lunch, we went to Tran Quoc Pagoda on the Shore of West Lake. From there we moved to the Temple of Literature which was Vietnam’s first university and is dedicated to Confucius.

It was the end of the tour, but not for me. Two of us ( including me ) bought ticket to watch Water Puppet Show. The show was really boring. Be careful not to fall asleep. Thankfully it wasn’t that long to make you do that. Just about 50 minutes with 11 short stories.

Then i had lunch at Little Hanoi and went back to the Hotel. Next day going to Ha Long Bay for 2 days / 1 night.
Hello… This is my first night in Hanoi. I flew from Kuala Lumpur with cheap flight from AirAsia. Noi Bai International Airport was surprisingly good, better than Soekarno-Hatta International Airport i think. I’m staying at Hanoi Golden Plaza Hotel ( ) . They gave me USD 18/night. It’s a budget hotel with really nice quality. The bed is good, bathroom is nice and clean, flat tv and freezer, also the high speed internet for free in your room! . More than enough for single travelers. I walked around the hotel to find something to eat, and because it was 9.30 pm already and a bit late, all i could find was Spaghetti Bolognaise. How lame is that ? Anyway, so far, i think Hanoi is quite similar with some cities in Indonesia. But Vietnamese has an unique way to eat. They gather in a small group and sit on a small chair. Tonight, i saw they were having Pork Skin Satay with cucumbar and fried squid ! I tried that satay, and yakksss… Honestly, it tasted really weird for me. I didn’t really like it. I ordered 5, and i only ate 1. The rest i gave to the hotel staff. Seeing Old Quarter in Hanoi, it’s just like Kuta ( Bali ) in the center of Jakarta, minus the beach. People said to watch out the motorbikes while walking down in Hanoi, and i couldn’t agree more. They’re everywhere … Just like Jakarta. I’ll explore more of Hanoi tomorrow for the whole day.
Hanoi Hotels & Accommodations review
Best Price & Location, Great Service & Safe !
I have just returned from a week in Hanoi ( 3 - 9 Oct ). Since i went alone, i was afraid about the safety of all my belongings and all. But this hote… read entire review
photo by: mario26