Many changes in my Lagos life

Lagos Travel Blog

my sitting room, in my new flat

Wow, has it been that long that I have not put anything here? Lest you think my life became super boring, don’t be. In fact, the total opposite, so much had happened that I didn’t have enough time, or so it seemed, to update my blog.

I went on a mini break last September to London. Aside from giving me a much needed time out from the office, it was also an opportunity to see family members I have not seen for five long years. It was good. I truly enjoyed my time with them. It is always good to reconnect with the people we love. Each of us had been caught up in our web of life and it is easy to lose sight of how fast out turn in this ride we call life.

When I came back, I was refreshed yet, I was searching for some thing.

another view
Truth be told, I wasn’t satisfied with my current work place. Nonetheless, since there was no alternative work on site, I tried to shrug it off and continued with my life in Lagos.

However, the first week of October, I was besieged with different job offers….that is the only term I can think of, because, I received not only one, not just two, but four different job offers. It’s raining job, halleluyahh…it’s raining job!

I was very much excited of news I was receiving. I was particularly interested with the first offer I received. Place of work was Middle East, the pay was fantastic plus a fully paid European tour would serve as a bonus after a year of service. However, I felt kind of sad if eventually I say goodbye to Lagos life as I am enjoying it here.

Another of the job offer is from an American firm.

dining table...hahah!
They will set up an office in Lagos and they basically need someone to run the place. The next one was from a telecommunication firm, and the last one was with a group of company handling diverse business in Nigeria.

I was like a kid having her biggest birthday bash plus Christmas holiday all rolled into one. I even told one of my dearest friends here that I never had it so good in terms of job offers. In effect, I was having a beautiful dilemma, which is which? I wasn’t really complaining. It was  just a matter of which company.

Well, there is always an unfolding of events. The Middle East work opportunity will begin by March 2010, but by December 2009, exploratory talks and signing of contract will be done. I was thinking to myself, it is only October, and December seemed so far away because I was feeling miserable. The American firm called me to say that they have short listed some names, and sorry but mine was not  on it. That left two companies to really focused on.

I eventually choose the telecommunication firm because they have a better offer.

And so I gave my two weeks notice and got ready for another chapter in my life.

marix_sublime says:
Actually, ndi ganun kadali, pero sguro swertihan sa skills at timing. Last year nawlan ako ng work ha, buti dpa xpire visa ko at me mga kaibigan so nkapag stay pa till mkahanap new work
Posted on: Oct 14, 2012
Caliber-A says:
is it that easy there to transfer job from one to another? oh i'm interested to go there, hehehe!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2012
GMendozaFilms says:
You're at a very exciting moment in your life.
The possibilities are endless.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2012