First Filipina Friend in Lagos

Lagos Travel Blog

Almost four months in Lagos, and I have not met another filipino. Sometimes, the pangs of loneliness could be too much. I didn't have someone to talked too of my some of my feelings be it rational or irrational. I guess, I just needed a friend then. All my friends then  are Nigerians, and although I don't have a problem with that, maybe, I have not really met a friend I can totally connect with. Anyways, one of my staff told me that he knew of someone who could introduced me to a Filipina lady, of course I agreed because I was eager to make new friends. We talked over the phone first, I remember it was a Tuesday that we first talked, then the next day, Wednesday, she invited me to have dinner at her place. It was a lovely encounter. Her name is Glenda. She was so easy to talked with. She cooked sumptous filipino meals for me, because she said maybe I am missing the foods at home. That was the start of a beautiful friendship. From then on, she welcomed me to her place, I would usually spend my saturdays at her place, playing with her children as well and generally having fun with her entire family. I needed a friend and she was there for me. She also paved that way for me to meet other filipinos in the areas. For that I am forever thankful to her.

gingerbatik says:
I can related to your experience:) lucky you find someone to share your saturday and enjoy each other company
Posted on: Nov 21, 2014