First Bday celebration in Lagos

Lagos Travel Blog

There are many first in Lagos in my life this year 2007. My first bday away from Manila, and although I didn't really want to think about it, it is  hard not too. for one, not too many greeters because there are few people in Lagos that know. I went to work as usual. At around 10am, my staff called me, there was a small gathering for me, and my students actually surprised me with a cake. i had 3 bday cakes that year. :) so all the students and staff took some time off and wished me a happy bday. it was thoughtful of them. around 12 noon, some of the older students, those taking post graduate diploma took me to Calabar Kitchen. Calabar Kitchen served local food. They made me try pounded yam and edikaikong. it was something new for me, and it is okay  but of course, i am forever a rice girl! hahahah! that night, i hosted a suya party for the students staying at the hostel.  suya is a local beef bbq. i also served cake and softdrinks. since i don't have my family to celebrate it with, i figured i could celebrate it with the people i am around with now.

ted332 says:
nice naman... kaka touch...penging tissue ulit... :)
Posted on: May 30, 2009