Pre-Travel Blog

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Wynn and Encore

OK so this is just a pre-travel blog to give you folks some idea of what I'm planning on doing while in Vegas.  I've been to Vegas before, the last time was in April of '08, and I had a great time but really didn't plan ahead very well. I hope to do better this time.

When I was in Vegas last year I did a lot of walking which was great but a bit time consuming and tiresome after a while. This time I found a bus service that runs up and down the Strip called The Duce (http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/deuce/). Its only $2 oneway and $5 for an all day pass. I think it will be a great way to see more of the Strip and give my legs a rest.

Another difference about this trip from my last is I just got a new digital video camera and I can't wait to try it out. This camera is smaller than my regular digital camera that takes still photos. I'm hoping to upload some videos to YouTube.

One thing I'm planning on doing is visiting some of the higher end hotels on the Strip like The Wynn, The Venetian, The Palazzo, just to name a few. I've been looking at some other peoples photos from their trips and these hotels look amazing.

As for seeing a show I am thinking about going to see the comic Lewis Black. There is also Improv comedy at Harrahs that I might go to as well. Not sure yet but I may buy tickets in advance for Lewis Black.

I'd also like to check out a club called the VooDoo Loung at the Rio. Most of these clubs aren't cheap to get in. Usually a $30 to $40 cover, but if I have the money and time I'd would like to see it.

Now there are a few things I hope to do but may not have the time. One is to rent a car for the day and go out to Red Rock Canyon, but again I'll have to see how things go.

Well I hope for those who are reading this and who are going to Las Vegas I gave you some ideas. If you're going to be there between May 21st and May 27th let me know and maybe we can get together for a drink and trade stories. Also if you have any suggestion or tips you'd like to share I'd be very greatful.