Recharging my brain in the cloud forest, Bosque de Los Angeles

San Ramon Travel Blog

After a second week of intensive Spanish and recovering from Montezuma┬┤s revenge I was ready to sit in a dark room and not move for 48 hours, but decided instead to do something a little more fun.   I went off to a cloud forest about 2 hours away at a resort previously owned by a President of Costa Rica.    It was way off the main road in the mountains where the clouds meet the high mountain rain forest.   It was paradise, very quiet except for the singing of the birds and the wind blowing through the trees.    The hotel had a forest trail that should allow any Budist to reach enlightement if they spent enough time in.    Just what the doctor ordered for me.    I took a tour in the forest with a  guide who gave me a tour in the forest in very slow spanish that I was able to understand at least 80 % of.    After a great dinner of sea bass and a good night sleep the next day I was ready to go on a tour to see the quetzals in the mountains.

For the quetzal hunt, I was the only person with two guides, one guide for calling the quetzals ( a local rancher) and a guide from the hotel.    We found one male quetazal in a tree and two flying across a field.   I shouted "que elegante" when I saw the birds with the 8 inch tails flying across the field and began to understand why the Mayans considered their feathers to be a treasure.   The guides thought my words were the funniest reaction that they have ever heard before.    They kept on saying "que elegante" and laughing the rest of the trip.    At least it was entertaining for all of us.

After the quetzal hunt I returned to Santa Ana being ready for another week of Spanish. This week will only be 4 hours/day and there is a holiday on the 1st of May.

Marjoriekl says:
Que Elegante ---
Lo sieto que estuvo enferma. Regrese de Nueva York en Domingo despues de demasiado comidas en restaurantes excellentes. Come mi peso mio cada dia. Y fui a muchas gallerias y un produccion teatro....Detalles si quieres.
Estoy muy amusado.....no se cual BASKER, pero un BASKER envio mi Match.com perfil a Jesse.
Posted on: May 02, 2007