Travel Update

London Travel Blog

At the beginning of the second half of my trip I said I was planning to leave the last 3 weeks of my trip flexible and up in the air.  Well after much, MUCH thought I’ve decided to head to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt to visit my cousin Amal.

A lot of places came to mind where I could spend my last few weeks, a lot of places were recommended, but really in the end I just wanted to chill and not see anything!  You see, I’ve been travelling now for 6 months, and as much as I’ve loved seeing the many of the great sites around the world, sometimes you just get sick of traveling and having to SEE things! Lol As they say in Thailand, I’m just all “templed-out’!

One place I really wanted to visit, even bought the Lonely Planet guidebook, was Morocco. I even looked into flights  to go to Morocco for about 2 weeks.  But as time passed by, the buses rides and monuments added up, right before I left for Africa I decided I wanted to just chill, take it easy, basically take a vacation from my vacation! So Morocco will have to wait for another trip, I don’t want to go there and not be able to appreciate such as exotic place just because I’m tired!

So Sharm El Sheikh it is.  My cousin Amal is the Executive Chef at the Renaissance Resort in Sharm, so he invited me to come stay with him for the week with him and his son Nalin.  My plan for Sharm? Do nothing, what better place than a resort on the Red Sea to do just that!

Bring on some warmth and sun, London is getting a little too cold even for this Canadian!

Cheers,