Round the World - Part Deux

Toronto Travel Blog

At the airport once again, getting ready to resume my travels!

Its now October, when I last updated my blog it was about 7 weeks ago and my father was still sick in the hospital.  After a long recovery I'm happy to say he's back at home in Mississauga in very good health.  He's "one of the lucky ones" a neurologist we visited explaining my father's quick recovery.  Because of this quick recovery I'm resuming my trip and headed off to my next destination, Goa.

So what did I miss because of my extended stay in Sri Lanka and return home to Canada? Nepal and Tibet.  Although Tibet was one of the two reasons for taking 6 months off (the other being the Kandy Perehera), I always can book a tour again, Tibet will always be there.  I also missed out on a 10-day vippasana mediation course in Kathmandu.  I've been meaning to do this type of mediation for many years now, so I guess I can wait a little longer still. No worries.

So what's on schedule for the next few months?!

• 2-3 weeks volunteering at a children's orphange in Goa, India

• 3 weeks touring aruond India (specially Rajistan and Varanasi/Ganges River area)

• At least 2 weeks on a camping safari in Kenya and Tanzania amongst all the wildlife

• 2-3 weeks in Europe, Sinai Egypt or somewhere else! I'm leaving the final 3 weeks of my trip pretty open and flexible, we'll see what it holds.

Off to Mumbai, India!