Please be sure to fasten your seatbelt for landing...

Mumbai Travel Blog

I've just been thinking how efficient modern travel is.  I've been on and off planes so much lately, that the long hours on planes or in airports doesn't feel all that long to me anymore.  Flying to a different far off place has become as routine as sitting down to read a book or watch a few movies on a weekend afternoon!  Except the different is when you put the book down or the movie ends your in a whole new place, a whole new world.

For example, part two of my travels started with me boarding a plane in cold and wet Toronto. I board the plane and sit down, the plane takes off shortly therafter, I have something to eat, read a magazine or book, watch a movie or two and BAM I'm in London.

In London I walk around a bit in the airport (basically a shopping mall), buy a coffee at starbucks, look around in some shops, then get back on another plane and repeat the same routine: sit down, plane takes off, read a magazine or book, watch some movies and then land.  Maybe 20 hours have now passed since I left Toronto, but the different now when I get off the plane, its 30 degrees, hot, a fragrant smell is in the air, I'm in a whole new place, a whole new world, I'm now in India!

Just another lazy weekend day ;)

photo by: vvicy1