AsiaIndiaPanaji

He's got personality!

Panaji Travel Blog

Tushar

Spending so much time at the boys home you get to know each of the boys really well and learn their personalities.  The leaders, the quiet ones, the talented ones, the athletic ones. Each has his own story.

Imo (9, gr. 3) - One of my favourites! His smile just lights up the room and he's a hell of a talent.  First of all he should be on one of those talent shows, like Britain's Got Talent. Somehow just by watching music videos, he's learnt how to dance like Michael Jackson!  But his talent isn't just limited to MJ, he can freestyle to any music as well as do traditional Manipuri dancing.

Tolen (8, gr.

Imo
3) -  "Nice!" Haha that was his reaction to everything. Very cute little kid. Every morning he'd wake me up with a "hello". He is very curious too, always asking me questions. He too was one of my favourites.

Tushar (10, gr. 4) - An "old soul" comes to mind when I think of this beautiful kid. He saw his mother die in accident when he was 6. I say an old soul, because he is so formal and proper, everyday he would great me with a handshake, and he'd walk around with one hand behind his back holding the other like an old man. When we would talk you think you were talking to someone well beyond his 10 years.  He really took a liking to me, every time we went out he would hold my hand. He along with Imo and Tolen were my favourites.  Tushar has a cute little sister named Payal at the girls home, she’s a delight too.

Sai Kumar (12, gr. 7) - Hustler! Is the first thing the comes to mind. A born businessman. He is very intelligent, but sometimes sways away from that to fit in with the other boys.  He is a troublemaker for sure. I think he has the talent to be a great man one day, I just hope he continues down the right path.

Alex
He reeally likes money, I made the mistake of giving him some Canadian coins lol!  Anyways, before I left I gave him a Toonie, and told him to study hard, be good, and one day bring that coin back to me in Canada.  I hope he does.

Alex (12, gr. 5) - Street-smarts, a leader. He’s a good athlete, loves cricket.  He is definitely one of the leaders in the house.  Doesn’t seem to like school, but I think he’s street smarts will take him far in life.  He was the one who told me how to take the local bus and get around town.

Tombisana (12, gr. 5) - Artist, displinarian, boxer.  This kid has so such an artistic talent. We posted his paintings and drawings in the new volunteer’s room.  He is also one of the older Manipuri boys, so everyone tends to listen to him.

Krishna
  He’s a great athlete too, as aspirations to become a Maui Thai boxer (like his older brother back home).  Has a sister, Menaka, at the girls home who also is a great artist.

Rahul (12, gr. 5) - Street smarts, dancer.  He is very similar to Alex.  Both he and Alex have been at Seva Trust the longest (2 years) and came together from Bangalore.  He like Imo liked to dance a lot.  He keep bugging me to play Hindi music off my ipod! Luckily I had a few songs for him to do his bollywood routine to!

Krishna (6, pre-school) - Came to the boys home from the day care during my last week.  They call him “cheating boy” for some reason lol.  Probably because he’s very mischievous! He’s got moves too! He’d break out into some hiphop moves when the right music came on.

Sai Kumar
  Very cute. Loved Usher’s song “Yeah”

Tohiba (9, gr. 3) -  Shy, curious. At first he was very quiet, but over time became more and more talkative with me.

Robert (10, gr. 4) - Quiet, smart.  Was very quiet and shy most of the time, but during study time he was a little more talkative.  He would ask me for math problems, and much to my surprise he solved everything very quickly.

Aboy (13, gr.6) - BIG smile.  Very genuine comes to mind. I let him borrow my Ipod and all I heard over the speakers for a few days were Tupac and Biggie! I really hope he didn’t understand the words lol

Alexander (12, gr.

Tohiba
5) - Another athlete in the house.  Good at all the sports with played.  He along with Aboy loved the hiphop on my Ipod.

Hitler (15, gr. 8) - Quiet, unfortunate name.  I’m pretty sure his parents didn’t realize what his name meant when they named him lol.  Bright kid, but very quiet.  Almost too quiet, unlike the rest of the kids, he didn’t talk too much to me.

That’s all of them. All different personalities, but all great kids :)

Funny this blog entry almost seems like a report card! I guess I was a teacher for a bit after all.

Ru