AfricaEgyptCairo

Cairo -Arrival-

Cairo Travel Blog

We took a plane to Cairo from Athens. When we got to the airport, we have to get a visa. We just had to pay, get something like a stamp, and attach it to our passports.

After that, my god, I guess only we looked like a foreigner...so, of course, many Egyptians started talking to us because they wanted to sell us a tour or something. They never went away easily. We learned how to deal with them well few days later...I'll explain how in later entry.

We stuck in a small travel agency or something at the airport. Since we didn't have any plans that day, we decided to listen to them what they would offer. My god, they were trying to overcharge us! We researched local prices and such before, so we never planned to pay more than that! But they were trying to charge us more than twice! So, we told them that we had seen cheaper ones before...We were not paying that much. Then they gave us a discount a little bit, but still it was too much.
Guess what happened next...That guy looked like pissed off...WHY? We told him we were not paying more than that price we saw before. 40 min later, we finally left.

Then again, guys wanted us to take their taxi? It's not a regular local taxi, so we found later it was too expensive. At that time, we didn't know, so we paid about $20 to the guy to go to the Movenpick hotel near the pyramid. It was kinda far from the airport, but if we took a regular taxi, it would be $10.

Anyway, we passed in front of the pyramid on the way to the hotel. It was impressive. The hotel was nice, too. Staff there all spoke good English.

Then we walked around that area and took a picture of the pyramid. My god, again, people kept talking to us. Sometimes maybe they just wanted to talk to us or they just wanted to sell....One guy wanted to become a friend with us, and took us to a local cheap cheap flafle place. Oh, that place was freaking hot! I was sweating and sweating! Then after that, we took me to his house.....They sell colons/perfumes. Yes, of course, he tried to sell it...Since he was nice to show us around, we almost bought it. But since he only took cash, we didn't.

Cairo