Preparing for travel

Juneau Travel Blog

Alaska has treated me well since I have been here.  The natives are generally friendly and the scenery is beautiful.  Somewhat surreal that i am here but things have been going according to plan.  The first day upon arrival the weather was great.  The sun was shinning with only a slight wind chill, and hardly any clouds.  The locals say that I am lucky because there are only about 15 beautiful days per year.  I am glad that my first experience here was one of them :).  The past two days have been slightly cold with a small drizzle on and off through out the day.  I have not been able to do much sightseeing here in Juneau since we have plenty of work to do.  We have been keeping busy checking the boat and organizing all of the equipment to make sure it is safe and ready for the months ahead.  I am getting excited and anxious to head out to sea.  I have talked to several of the locals and they say that the areas that we are going are very remote however extremely beautiful.  Most of the natives have not even traveled to the areas of Alaska that we will be exploring.  Which makes me a little nervous however everyone talks about how much experience Randal has and how precise he is, making sure things are done safely and correctly.  This gives me confidence going into the unknown days ahead.  I have taken a few pictures of Juneau however have not had a chance to upload them yet.  Hopefully i will be able to get picture up here soon.  I send my love and thoughts to all of my friends and family.  I miss you and hope that you take care while i am gone.
parabellum says:
Waiting for the photos. Good luck!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2009