Two Days of Diving

Bunaken Travel Blog

Mangrove roots.

It was bright when I opened my eyes ... I looked at my phone-clock and it said 6:11am ... but twenty minutes after, my alarm hadn't sounded.  Upon checking, I had misread the clock ... it was in fact 5:11.

As Manado and Bunaken is in the eastern end of the same timezone as Malaysia and Hong Kong (rather than Jakarta), the sun rises four-something and sets about five.  Weird.

We had arranged for two dives for each of the two days here at Living Colours ... the first day being today.  Some sites were pretty amazing while others are OK.  I guess the problem for us is that for our first dive after our PADI course, we went to Sipadan in Sabah, Malaysia and saw some of the best sights on the planet ... we were the envy of other people who had done hundreds of dives but hadn't yet been to Sipadan ... they turned from green to dark green when I showed them videos of the thousands of barracudas we swam with!

With two dives a day, it meant we had the afternoons free ... good for catching up on emails (including looking for a job!).

Mangrove roots.
Walking out to the dive boats.
Walking out to the dive boats.
Church and village on Bunaken isla…
Church and village on Bunaken isl…
Going back after our dive.
Going back after our dive.
Bunaken