Power outage and the Colorado National Monument

Palisade Travel Blog

how old is this sign?

Well we didnt take much of a road trip this weeken, at least on saturday. A storm was blowing in and we decided to wait it out. The front of my house is full of windows and the tree outside looked like it was going to come crashing down on us. And then the power went out, flickered on and off a bit for about an hour so we decided to run up to the livery saloon. We sat in the dark and drank beer with the other locals. A good way to pass the time.

The power finally came back on and the wind settled down about 4 hours later. The livery is very nistalgic with nick nacks every where and was actually a place you could stable your horse in the old days. Of course beng saturay night some kids had to come in and get rowdy. A fight broke out right next to me and i started poking people with one of my crutches to help break it up witch seemed to help till some guy comes flying over 2 sets of tables and chairs like hes superman! This scene was starting to get hilarious realy. I had people fighting like a ball of cats in those old cartoons just fumbiling for my camera hoping to see another superman go flying buy.

Windy ride to the saloon