4 Hours in Paris with Ella & Tuga

Paris Travel Blog

What can you see & say about Paris in 4 hours while switching trains on the Planes Trains & Automobiles 2009 OSB & TUGAs European Vacation I thought about the song April in Paris & my favorite version of this much recorded song.

What can you see or say about Paris in 4 hours while switching trains on the Planes Trains & Automobiles 2009 OSB & TUGA’s European Vacation  I thought about the song April in Paris & my favorite version of this much recorded song.

I never knew the charm of spring
I never met it face to face
I never knew my heart could sing
I never missed a warm embrace
Till April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom
Holiday tables under the trees
April in Paris, this is a feeling
That no one can ever reprise
I never knew the charm of spring
I never met it face to face
I never knew my heart could sing
I never missed a warm embrace
Till April in Paris
Whom can I run to
What have you done to my heart

There are many versions of this Old School Classic done by the likes of Count Basie-Kurt Elling-Erroll Garner-Thelonious Monk-Sarah Vaughan-Doris Day-Frank Sinatra-Billie Holiday-Ray Charles & many more.
Tuga Tuga Tuga
  In my humble opinion none come close to Ella’s 1950’s version!!

Dubbed "The First Lady of Song," Ella Fitzgerald was the most popular female jazz singer in the United States for more than half a century. In her lifetime, she won 13 Grammy awards and sold over 40 million albums.  Her voice was flexible, wide-ranging, accurate and ageless. She could sing sultry ballads, sweet jazz and imitate every instrument in an orchestra. She worked with all the jazz Old School greats, from Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Nat King Cole, to Frank Sinatra, Dizzy Gillespie and Benny Goodman.   She performed at top venues all over the world, and packed them to the hilt. Her audiences were as diverse as her vocal range. They were rich and poor, made up of all races, all religions and all nationalities. In fact, many of them had just one binding factor in common - they all loved her as Old School does & always will!!

The 1932 Broadway revue Walk a Little Faster introduced “April in Paris,” composed by Vernon Duke and lyricist E.
Paris Ride & Walk
Y. “Yip” Harburg. The production starred comedians Bobby Clark and Paul McCullough and actress/singer Beatrice Lillie. This was the first time Duke had written the complete score for a show, and “April in Paris” was not originally a part of it. Set designer Boris Aronson had created a Left Bank setting for a number, and the producers wanted a romantic song. Duke and some friends and collaborators were having a discussion when someone purportedly Dorothy Parker expressed a longing to be in Paris during the month of April.  Duke pricked his ears, found a piano and worked out the song to which Harburg quickly supplied lyrics. The song was inserted into the revue in Boston tryouts and was sung by Evelyn Hoey.
What can you see & say about Pari…
Tuga  Tuga   Tuga