trip to Ireland

Ireland Travel Blog

2nd trip to Ireland.  The country is a fantastic place to visit and highly recommend to everyone.  Hopped on a bus from Dublin airport to Letterkenny half hour after we landed.  The bus trip was about 4 hours, and I would leave the driving to anyone else.  Driving on the left side of the road is not a pleasant experience.  We stayed one night at the Ramada Inn, Letterkenny which is a very modern hotel, centrally located.  The next way we made our way to Donegal Town by car.  This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Holiday Homes Estuary run by the Sweeney's.  They are wonderful people.  The great thing about renting a cottage is that it makes the stay much more comfortable and easy.  Fireplace, washer included.  I just can't say enough about the accomodations.  Donegal Town itself is a small town, lots of interesting shops, people are very friendly, and the tour of O'Donnell Castle is a good one.  The first time we visited in 2006, we stayed in Dublin, which is a bustling city and I look forward to returning.  This time, we went to Donegal Town to visit the relatives and then onto Creeslough (which is about 25 min from Letterkenny) to visit relatives also.  I love Creeslough.  I think it is a beautiful place, with lovely roads and dramatic cliffs. To be quite honest Co. Donegal is a great place to visit.  It is a little further north-west, but well worth it.