Day 2 and 3

Fort Lauderdale Travel Blog

Aboard the Eurodam:  Day 2 and some of 3

We actually woke up at a decent hour this morning…an announcement came over the loud speaker calling “Bright Star, Lido deck”.  Since that is the place we all gather to eat it could only mean trouble for some individual.  Did they choke or just a plain old ticker giving out?   Whatever caused it is allowing us to go to the Bermuda for a short stop.  We are currently pushing ahead at full speed to get our patient to a hospital.  Very sad.

Day 2: After dinner (I tried to be good: salmon and veggies…no starch) my stomach led me to the mmmmm…chocolate brulee!!  I swore no deserts but I have a feeling that this is going to be a huge challenge for me.  Bernie and Philip: be on stand by…I may need you to go and buy me some size 2XX clothing!  It won’t matter what it looks like cause I’ll be so fat no one will notice if I match or not (stretchy waist band please)!  Vinnie was very well behaved (if you don’t count the many beer he drank prior to dinner) no desert for him.  We then waddled (or at least I did) down 100 flight of stairs for the nightly performance.  Luckily the stewards were there to revive me with a glass of red wine.  We toddled down and tried out several seating locations before finding the perfect one.  The show was a musical of 60’s ��" today’s music.  Vinnie had a lady in front of him that leaned forward during the entire show…add to the fact she had “big hair”, which caused him to fuss and fidget (some complaining ensued).  I forbade him to speak to her…God only knows what would have happened!  After the show we climbed out of our seats and struggled to the stairs.  Luckily we saw the casino so decided to make a detour and ended up spending 40 dollars on slots.  No luck last night L.  We did manage to climb up 1000 flights to our room.  The night ended with us watching some more of our latest series ��" Stargate SG1!

Today: ate breakfast, I was good (muesli with fruit and yogurt) Vinnie, very bad: two fried eggs, bacon, bread and cheese sandwiches.  We then walked 5 miles and are currently in our room trying to decide what to do the rest of the day.  There is a lecture on Portugal later today, maybe we’ll make it.  Lunch starts in 1 hour!  Of course there are the rest of the Stargate shows to watch…  Vinnie hasn’t spent much time staring at the ocean yet.  Do you think it might be tied to something (phases of the moon)?  Is it a Jensen thing to do?  Psychological perhaps (this is my guess J)?  Your thoughts are appreciated…pictures of this phenomena will be posted soon.

Cheers!

BethanieE says:
LOVE the picture. lol! so what happened on board? did someone die?
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009