Mini meet up at Starbucks Cafe, Schiphol.

Schiphol Travel Blog

Meeting point at arrival 4, Schiphol.

Mini meet up at Schiphol.

Travelling from Trondheim to Kuala Lumpur means being travelling for 24 hours, including a stopover for six hours at Schiphol.

Those of you, that has been following my travel blogs, and reviews knows that Schiphol is my favourite airport.

I posted a note on the forum for meet up chatter:

Hi, I’m travelling to Asia 6 March and will have a stopover at Schiphol.

Me, Mikiko and Carla

I’ll bee sitting at the Starbuck cafe between 15.30 and 19.00 6 March reading, drinking "coffee" and looking at the people passing.
Hope to meet some TB friends at Schiphol.  Just trespassing Schiphol or perhaps some of you who are living in the area have the time to meet me at Schiphol.

I got some response so when I arrived Schiphol I went to the Starbucks café at arrival 4 across the STA, bought my self a cup of coffee, reading a book and looked at the people passing.

The first Travbuddy that appeared was Mikiko, TB name ms_travelr.  She is working at Schiphol and she is the one advising us to meet at Starbuck café at arrival 4.

Shortly after Carla, TB name evanzoen joined us.  When I posted my topic she was the first to send a note; I’ll bee there.  Carla lives nearby Schiphol.  Carla was travelling in Norway last summer, passing my home town Trondheim and I were so sorry for missing her visit in Trondheim.

After a while a guy appeared that I thought I recognised.

Mikiko, Ray and Carla
  Ray I asked? Yes he answered me. His TB name is rhines.  He is living in Blakeslee, Pennsylvania and his work takes him all over the world.  No he is in Amsterdam, living at Hilton-Schiphol a short walk from the Starbuck Café.

We were 4 people who had never met earlier, but talking about travels and Travbuddy as we were old friends.

As I wrote earlier, I love Schiphol and spending six hour alone at the airport is no problem for me.  But this time, on my favourite airport, I was so lucky meeting three fabulous Travbuddies spending some hours together with me.

Six hours runs fast in good company, thanks to Mikiko, Carla and Ray for making my time at Schiphol so enjoyable.

Travbuddy is a great society connecting people with the same passion for travels.   I’m so happy for the opportunity to meet and make new friends.  And the best of all, I have been given the opportunity to be an ambassador for my home town Trondheim, guiding Travbuddies who have been visiting Trondheim.

I dedicate this blog to the creators of Travbuddy.

tvillingmarit says:
Congrats Eirin, enjoy Taiwan
Posted on: Apr 20, 2009
poohstanggt says:
Sounds like an awesome day! And I completely agree - obviously TravBuddy is the GREATEST! I've made some absolutely incredible friends over the past 1 1/2 years, done traveling I never thought possible, and now I am moving to Taiwan and marrying someone I would've never crossed paths with but for the site!

And btw, I love AMS as well - by far, the BEST airport I've ever been to!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009
tvillingmarit says:
Post me a message if you visit Trondheim
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009
Meeting point at arrival 4, Schiph…
Meeting point at arrival 4, Schip…
Mikiko and Carla
Mikiko and Carla
Yeah, there you can see my flight
Yeah, there you can see my flight
Typical Dutch, looks like Delft.
Typical Dutch, looks like Delft.