The second city

Cordoba Travel Blog

Cordoba is very different to the other large cities Ive visited in Argentina. It feels slightly second fiddle to BA but still has a lot of interesting things to see.

I stayed in hostel Baluch which is right in the centre of the town. (http://www.baluchbackpackers.com/). The hostel was nice but very busy, I think its listed in about every guide book. The roof top terrace is cool to escape the crowds sometimes. It was very handy for getting around as it was right in the middle of everything.

Cordoba has many beautiful churches to look at, especially the gothic designed one near the bus station. However, the highlight for me in there was slightly out of town in Alta Gracia, the same town that Che grew up in. In Alta Gracia they have converted Che´s childhood home into a museum. Its fairly small museum but very sweet. Its easy enough to get to the village just hop on one of the correct local buses from the bus station.

In Cordoba I ate the best steak Ive ever had in my life. My brother has now joined me on my travels so we decided to go out to celebrate in a place called La Parrilla de Raul (Jujuy 278). The steak there was really incredible and I would 100% recommend it to others if they are looking for somewhere good to eat there.

Cordoba