The capital

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

I made it to Buenos Aires! This was one of my first destinations I listed before leaving for my travels so was very excited to get here.

I spent most of my time in Buenos Aires walking around the city. As I was by my self I had the time to really explore areas and get a feel for the places. I really liked seeing the areas of La Boca, Palermo, Retiro and San Telmo. Most of the time I felt completely safe, I felt more like I had to watch my things near the central shopping district where there are so many people. I did however always make sure I got back to the hostel before night fall.

There are so many things to see in Buenos Aires which you can pick up information easily from any guide book. Some of my favourite places and things were the Recoleta Cemetery, Casa Rosaria, Congress Buildings, San Telmo sunday market and watching a tango show.

I booked the tango show through my hostel at a place called La Ventana. It cost $205 AR with extra $20 for transfers for a three course meal and full show. I would loved to have gone with someone else but I found it difficult to meet other travellers in Buenos Aires, mostly down to my hostel being so young! So I went by myself which was very scarey as Ive never had to sit through a meal in a proper restuarant before by myself. But it was worth it to see the show. If anyone is travelling by themselves and wondering whether or not to go, just do it as its fabulous. And you dont have to share the bottle of wine with anyone!

The hostel I stayed in was called Hostel Suites Obelisco Very central to everything and cheap as I got a free night for paying for 3. However I didnt settle well in the hostle, the crowd there was very young, think gap year 18 year olds just wanting to party. But if thats what you looking for in Buenos Aires then it might be the one for you.

I spent four days in Buenos Aires and could easily have spent longer looking around the city getting to know the other regions. Amazing city full of so much.