Wine region

Cafayate Travel Blog

There are several buses a day that run from Salta to Cafayate. I took a bus that left at 11am from Salta, the journey is about 3 and a half hours so I arrived for the afternoon.

Cafayate is a lovely little town, where you could easily spend a long time. I stayed in a really nice hostel here called Rusty K Hostal. The hostel is run by a family and has a great feel to it. They have a large patio area behind the hostel which is great for relaxing in the sun which some local wine.

I decided to take my trip here pretty easy so didn't do a great amount apart from go visit some bodegas, this is what I was here for to try the wine! I went to the bodegas closest to the town so I didn't need to rent a bike. Once you arrive here in Cafayate you can easily pick up a map of the area from your hostel/hotel or the information centre in the main square.

I also went to visit the mirador but got lost when I tried to get closer to the main hill. Might be worth asking for clear directions if you try and do this!

There is a really good little cafe just off the main square called Casa de Empanadas. They have about 10 different varieties which are all delicious!

Cafayate