Natales Take Two

Puerto Natales Travel Blog

In Natales we stayed in a hostel called Casa Lilli at my friends recommendation. It was good value at only $5,000 CLP a night. It also has really friendly helpful staff who you can rent equipment off and leave things as well. However it was a bit cold.

Our initial plan was to stay one night and then head in the afternoon the next day to Torres Del Paine. This gave us 4 days to hike and 3 nights camping. However Rebecca feel ill after one night in Casa Lilli, I think she was suffering from jet lag and change in environments. So we decided to pospone for one night and head out on Wednesday.

We also decided to change accomodation to a hotel so that Rebecca could completely rest all day. We went to Hostel Southwinds which I had stayed in on my last trip into Puerto Natales. This was rather more expensive at $25,000 a night for a double room but worth it in the circumstances.

The next day Rebecca was feeling much better so we were able to get the morning bus to the park. There are two times for the public buses everyday and there are about 3 companies who go. It takes 2 hours to get to the first drop off point in the park, Laguna Armarga. This is where you have to pay entrance fees. The public buses are much cheaper than the connections sometimes offered from the hostels as they cost $15,000 CLP return.

Puerto Natales