Last Journey

Arica Travel Blog

The journey back from Cusco to Arica was much more simple than my journey there. The buses were now running through to Arequipa so we went again with Cruz Del Sur for 90 soles. It left at 8.30pm at night and arrived there at 6.15am in the morning. We decided not to spend the night as we had a flight booked from Arica to Santiago. So we took a bus straight from there to Tacna with the company Flores for 25 soles, this took 6hrs again.

From Tacna the same system exists as from the Arica side. A collectivo takes you across the border and helps with all paperwork for 15 soles. Watch you personally items though when in the car as the lady sat next to me pick pocketed my mobile phone. 3rd one lost on the trip!

In Arica we stayed in a hostel Sunny Days for 9,000 CLP a night in a private room. Its really close to the bus terminal so you could walk. We got ripped of in a taxi when they charged us 2,000 CLP for the 2 minute journey. Its a strange looking hostel but nice enough when you get in. They prepare a nice breakfast with fruit and cereals.

Only one night in Arica and then we took an organised collectivo to the airport ready to fly back to Santiago. 10 days left now to just chill out at my dads house!

photo by: jendara