Few party days in Santiago

Santiago Travel Blog

After Torres del Paine Rebecca and I went back to vina to rest for a few days. Rebecca is heading out on a tour on Saturday so she decided to return to Santiago before me to meet her uni mates. I didnt plan to return to Santiago but changed my mind after a few days resting.

The girls were all staying at a hostel called Terra Extremus in Santiago so I went to join them. Its very easy to take a bus from Vina to Santiago as they leave every 10 minutes and cost less than $3,000 CLP one way. I got off the bus at the Parajitas bus station as its easier to catch the metro from here into downtown.

Terra Extremus is an ok hostel, the staff are friendly and the vibe is good there. It costs $6,000 a night approx in a dorm room. www.terraextremus.com/en/inicio. I think they could make some improvements on there booking system as they give a lot of priority to their hostelbooker customers. But I guess this makes better business sense for them to guarantee bookings.

I only stayed in the hostel one night as the second night they couldnt get a bed for me, although this wasnt true in the end as some people didnt show up. I ended up staying around the road so I could be near my friends.  Footsteps Backpackers http://www.footsteps.cl/ is a nice hostel which was much quieter. I had a whole dorm room to myself. Its also slightly cheaper at $5,500 CLP and includes breakfast which you dont get at Terra Extremus.

I spent all my time in Santiago just hanging out with my friends and having fun before they leave to go on their set tour.

Santiago