The Falls

Puerto Iguazu Travel Blog

Iguazu falls was one of my top destinations when I first started planning my south america trip so I was excited to finally arrive here.

I stayed in a hostel right opposite the bus station called Marcopolo, part of the HI chain. I really liked this hostel as it was very laid back, staff were really helpful with any questions about getting to the falls and the breakfast was decent!

I decided against booking any of the tours to the falls. There are many options such as jeep rides or boat trips which can be booked prior to your visit to the falls or there. I thought about going on the boat tours but as it was only a 12min ride I didnt feel like it warrented the money.

I went to the falls by catching a local bus across the road from the hostel in the bus station. When you get to the falls you have to pay a few of $60 AR entry fee. This includes the train ride in the park and a boat which takes you across to a small island.

The Argentina side of the falls covers a large area so I took all day to visit. Spending the morning walking around some of the smaller falls and walkways and then arriving in the afternoon at the devils mouth. This way you build up the day to the big falls. It is simply beautiful, the sheer amount of water is breathtaking there.

I enjoyed staying in Puerto Iguazu as it had a nice atmosphere. Its much much smaller than its counter part cities in Paraguay and Brazil. Good restuarants as well with bbq steaks on the same road as Marcopollo hostel and the bus station.

Puerto Iguazu