Cali, Colombia

Cali Travel Blog

As soon as I arrived in Cali I headed straight for my hostel by taxi. I stayed in Hostel Pelican Larry which was recommended to me from the hostel in Popayan.

As soon as I arrived I found a group of people to hang out with so we headed out on Friday night to see the city. We went to local dance club in the evening that I unfortunitely cant remember the name of. Cali has a very good party scene so its easy enough to get tips on fun places to go out dancing or drinking.

The weather in Cali was perfect so I spent most of my time there just relaxing, reading books and taking strolls in the sunshine. I ended up staying an extra day to go and see a local derby football match. This was an amazing experience as the Colombians are just as passionate as any other South American nation when it comes to football. There was about 10 of us who went to the game, so I felt very safe there, even though we did stand out like a sore thumb!

I wasn't planning on going to the coffee region due to a lack of time, but have decided now that it would be a shame to miss it. Want a bit of peace and quiet as well so will be nice to see a what a small town is like in Colombia.

Dr_Seuss says:
Good on you going to the game :-)
Posted on: Sep 19, 2009