Don't Worry! I haven't forgotten

Myrdal Travel Blog

I have just spent a few days camping in some of the most beautiful terrains I've ever seen. Unfortunately this means I do not have computer/internet access. I will fill you all in with lots of photos and words once I get a solid amount of time with a computer in Oslo.

However, here's a few small things I'd like to point out about Olso.

1. The Norwegian word for 'no' is 'nein'. This has the habit of making little crying kids sound like Adolf Jr's. 'Nein! Nein! Nein!'

2. People in Norway fulfill their reputation for being friendly. However, don't mistake being friendly for being outgoing. It is impossible to meet Norwegian people. They are in their own world, and don't care too much for making transient (traveling) friends. The one place in America where you are borderline obligated to say hello or smile at someone is on a hiking trail. I must have smiled or greeted over 40 people here while hiking with no response.

3. This shit's expensive. Beers really are 10 dollars. I just got cheap takeout fish and ships and it cost me 20 dollars. It's not so bad since I've saved so much money on accomodation (camping, friends places) but its still a bit mind boggling.

4. This internet is costing me 5 dollars for 30 minutes, so Peace Out!

Will update you further.