Last Day in Cancun

Cancun Travel Blog

Our flight wasn't until 4pm that afternoon and check out wasn't until noon.

With such time, we decided to take as much advantage of the beach while we still could. At 8am, my friends and I met up for breakfast. By 9am, we were at the beach, with sunscreen applied generously on our face, arms, leg and especially our backs. We played volleyball with a group of college kids from the Midwest. Needless to say, it wasn't an exciting and competitive game because while all of my friends are on one side of the court loves to play volleyball, the Midwest kids on the other do not play volleyball. Eh~ boring game. Eventually, after 30 mins, the game ended and everyone dispersed.

My friends and I went into the water - our last dipped into the Mexican beach. Pictures were taken. Frozen drinks ordered. And we all relaxed under the sunny skies and took it all in. But time was not on our side as it moves closer to 11am. And we all went on our separate rooms to wash up, pack, and check out.

Check out was a breeze. With still 30 minutes left before our shuttle van arrives to take us to the airport, we decided to have lunch at the resort. A table at one of the outdoor restaurants, more salsa and guaacamole, more seafood, and finally, we walked to the lobby, got into the shuttle van and said our goodbyes to the Cancun and the Mexican beach.

Well, not quite yet.

We checked in to our flight. While waiting for our flight to board - we had about an hour more before boarding, we decided to have some beer - Corona! Sunburnt and exhausted, we quietly drank our beers.

Then, it was boarding time. And the goodbye to Cancun became final.

Cancun