Nanuya Lailai Island

Yasawa Travel Blog

April 19

I made my way to Nanuya Lailai Island to the Sunrise Beach Resort. The ride on the Yasawa Flyer was great but really long. It was raining at this point as we were headed to shore. A wonderful Fijian man held an umbrella over me the whole ride to shore and I had to put my backpack over the food that had been dropped off. So I was semi-dry but my backpack was soaked. The resort turned out to be great. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing card games and getting to know other people at the resort.

April 20

The next day we woke up to sunshine beaming through our window hut. Breakfast was early at 7:30, probably the earliest I had ever gotten up in years. The day was spent sunbathing, I mean getting burnt at the Blue Lagoon. This was an excellent place to go snorkling. We hiked back to the resort through the bushes over the mountain which provided was with spectacular views! Dinner that night was, yep fish. I didn't expect anything else but it was a bummer since I don't like fish (I know, what can you expect from an island)

April 21

The next morning at Nanuya served to be very interesting. I found some locals to go cave diving with. This was kinda scary but very amazing. The excitment occured on my way back to the island. If you have read my most memorable experience, then you know the rest.

Next...