Kuata Island

Yasawa Travel Blog

April 24

I was greeted with songs and juice as I arrived at Kuata Island with someone I had met on the previous island. We stayed in a dorm style room with bunkbeds, lots of bunkbeds. This was lots of fun because I got to meet a lot of people. That night we had a traditional Fijian performance team sing and dance with us. They also did a great "Bula" dance which I will never forget. This was excellent, lots of fun. Dinner was good; a buffet with lots of choices other than fish. We then participated in a kava ceremony. If you have had kava, then you know what happened next. My face went numb and then I went to sleep :)

April 25

The next day I joined up with a local and went sea kyaking. This was a lot more difficult than what Philip had let on. We stopped at Wayilalai Island to visit. I was so worn out from this adventure that I did nothing but lay on the beach. Dinner this night was....fish. One of my friends I am traveling with is loving the fact that I hate fish because he has ate too well this entire trip. This night was a lot of fun and spent it yet again drinking kava and listening to story telling.

April 26

The next day I was very lazy. We headed out to snorkle and got pretty banged up on the rocks. Laid out the rest of the day. Good nights rest because tomorrow is...
Yasawa