OceaniaFijiNadi

Back to Mainland

Nadi Travel Blog

April 19

I spent the next night back on the mainland at Nadi Bay Hotel. This was nothing too exciting. My friends were preparing to leave and I was staying an extra few nights. We had dinner at the restaurant here and met lots of new people. I hooked up with some people to travel with to the Coral Coast.

April 20

Me friend and I made our way to the Coral Coast with a Fijian man and 5 of his friends in an old mini van. We ended at the Beachhouse which was a great little backpackers place. I highly recommend it. For dinner...BEEF...I am getting lucky :) The same night I watched my first live boxing match. VERY COOL. The heavy weights won by default for a below the belt hit and the light-weight was too much fun either. The middle-weight class however, was for the PABA Championship and 10th in the world. Fiji vs Aussi and the Fijian won with a first round KO. The best part of this was the ride there in an old S-10 Army truck, the kind with the hood thing on the back that keeps you hidden. After the match we drove around with this Fijian man to find beer. We randomly drove up to this house and when the driver came out he had beer. MIRACLE :)

May 5

Today I made coconut jewerly which was a lot of fun but rather difficult. I had a massage here as well which was fantastic. I spent the day pretty much lounging around. I only have 2 more days left before I head to NZ. I figured I had better rest while I could.
Nadi