AsiaJapanOsaka

mini meetups @ Izakaya

Osaka Travel Blog

The appetizer

I had a meetup plan with Faris who come from Kuwait on the 10th April. It would be more fun if other TB friends could join us:) Then I posted on the forum that organising our mini meetup. Then Bec joined us and that day Toby also joined us:) But The one matter is that we couldn't see Faris there.lol  I knew he arrive at the Kansai airport at 5:20pm. And might be hard to join us around 7pm for some reasons at the airport. We left the place where after 40min waited for him we met.

One of funny things,I waited everyone beside foreigner girl at the station. We past almost 10 min then I called Bec by cell phone, she was standing beside me...lol

We went to the Japanese Izakaya restaurant "WATAMI". Izakaya is like a bistro of France. We can have any kinds of Japanese dishes there:) Not only Japanese foods,we had Korean foods also Pizza.

Toby trying WASABI
When we met, Tobey tried any Japanese food for the first time. I heard that he doesn't like sushi much. However, he has good challenge mind, he took Wasabi a little;)  but never took octopus! haha!

I think "Watami" is cheap for dinner and taste was good, we paid only 2,600yen per person as took a lot with alcohol also. If you wanna try any kind of Japanese foods, I recommend to you Watami! They open close to front of the stations everywhere.

It was nice meetup even if it's short time. What a wonderful sharing time with TravBuddies:) I got message from Faris after I got to back home. He had take time when he enter to Japan,also lost at the Tennouji station...yes,it's very complex station in Osaka!!
well, I will meet him on other day!

monky says:
Thank you very much Yasuyo interesting to know this well I am a begginer of cooking but I love Asian food in general though I don't know anything about it but just eat it haha yep thank you would be great to see and to learn something more on fb for sure!
yasuyo says:
Mike! Yeah,I'm looking forward to seeing you again near the future!!
Haha! I just doing something I'd like to do:) Then being addict for it:P What a wonderful world,and thanks TravBuddy website!!
yasuyo says:
Monica,most different is the Korean foods use red pepper and garlic a lot.
As my opinion(I'm Korean foods lover:),Japanese cuisine use a lot of
synthetic seasoning agent,this is why I don't like it much.
I'll show you some Korean foods and Japanese foods on fb!
Are you interested in cooking?
I & Toby & Bec @ Izakaya
I & Toby & Bec @ Izakaya
Bec ordered bibimbap...Korean food…
Bec ordered bibimbap...Korean foo…
Toshiko,Toby,Ayano,I,Bec