AsiaJapanKyoto

Walking with Ime in Kimono

Kyoto Travel Blog

At Maruyama Park

I've met Ime several times in Philippines,and this time she is coming to my country,and finally she made trip to Kyoto from Tokyo. I definitelly show her somewhere she want,then we decided to exploring Kyoto in Kimono! I know girls love it!

I met her at front of Fushimi Inari st.in Kyoto as she stayed near this station. I woke up a little bit early for prepare kimono myself,and took a train about 1hour and half from my place. It is sunny,good to wear kimono but much cold...I worry about that because like her from warm country might hard to walk this cold temparture and she is in Kimono. I brought some stuffs to make her comfortable...like a grooves,heat pat,panty hose for kimono.

Not sure it enough or not.

At first we went to the rental kimono shop to change her cloth to kimono. Ime loves purple color,so she choice purple kimono to wear. The rental kimono shop was so busy with many tourist not only foreiners,Japanese women also men,students... It's quite good experience also price is fine as you can rent a kimono with bag,shoes, whole day by 3,000yen (27USD)~ But as you could guess,looking nicer is expensive,about 10,000yen(80USD) arund.

Well,Ime looking very nice with her choice! Let's go to Kyoto exploring! At first we went to Yasaka shrine as it very close to the rental kimono shop! We are busy with mono-pad(selfie stick) and camera,both of us iPhone:). We walk around Yasaka then went to the wrong way as I wanted to go to Kiyomizu temple.

Ime looking at wedding photo shooting
But we went to the Maruyama Park. It's my first visiting there luckily! It's so nice with lovely view around. I was wondering how I couldn't been here until now also many thank to Ime to find this place. She is quite nice sense for photography. She found really nice place and put in a frame so well! I just followed where she took the pictures;)

I was wondering if she didn't get pain with kimono shoes after walking a lot. We arrived at Kiyomizu temple trhough Ninen-saka and San-nen-saka. There are many stairs also slope. But she is quite fine with that! Great:) During we walk thoes tourist area,watching survenir shops both our side then we have tried a lot of tasting sometimes got green tea too. How many? So I can tell you like we skip lunch because full of tummy! hahaha! That was really fun walking with Ime!

The red leaves is not full color yet,but beautiful.

Ime and me selfie
Kiyamizu temple is amazing beauty even I visit here many times. and we are in Kimono today!  We enjoyed taking pictures everywhere,even at the road...!! I know a traveler want to bring back anythings as memories;) After Kiyomizu temple,we back to Hanami-shoji and Ponto-cho. It's time our tummy wanna get some good food...but unfortunately we went every restaurants were closed after lunch and before dinner time:( It was so shocked. Then we just find a chain restaurant for Shabu-shabu. Great,we had dinner at there.

Totally Ime wear Kimono whole day! I really enjoyed walking around Kyoto with her. I wish we could catch up more and more! Thank you Ime,it was nice meeting up with you in Japan:)

At Maruyama Park
Ime looking at wedding photo shoot…
Ime looking at wedding photo shoo…
The beautiful day