AsiaJapanKoyasan

Snowy World Heritage Mt.Koya

Koyasan Travel Blog

The snow man!

We've traveled to Mt.Koya is in Wakayama prefecture.

It's not far from Osaka about 1hour 40min a way. We had Nankai train from Namba to Gokurakubashi then changed to cable car for 5-10min up to Koya mountain there was already snowy...what a beautiful location like we came the village separated usual living! And this is why I love to visit this small town. I traveled with Ayaka and Pravin. Pravin searched well about train ticket,so we got a good deal this time. That is include return train and cable also one day bus ticket around Koya. The cost was 2,700yen.

On the train

We arrived there at 11am. Our first visiting is Daimon.The Daimon is a big gate of Koya as it very special place of religion. Many Buddhist are learning things here also it said power spot. You can see so many graves of Japanese Samurai here. We walked a bit from Daimon to Kongoubuji. Kongoubuji having fresh red building is so beautiful in snow. There are some temples also we found a some space for play there! We started make a snow man and played with snow ball fight was so much fun as we can't see much snow in Osaka usually,so this meet up held for playing in the snow. After play,we got hungry. We needed to have something hot meal. Some restaurants are there but it not on season for sightseeing so we only saw a few restaurants were opening. We had "Donburi",Pravin tried "katsudon" at the first time in Japan after he have living for 7months! It's great to have hot meal.

We take a cable car
Then we took a bus to visit Okuno-In. Okuno-In is very special place. We had to off the hat also forbidden take photos there. And everyone bow before enter bridge. We saw the great photo of too many lantern at tour guide place. We found that place is at under ground of Okuno-In...so mysterious and beauty. But someone said that many people miss this place as it has not big sign. I came here second time but never knew before. We went back to center of Koya walking the path of graves. There are so many interesting graves,people also shape also. We had some awesome pictures there and tried to walk more because still have time to have dinner with other friends in Osaka.

After we back to Osaka,we had an another meet-up with a TB friend from Dubai. He traveling to Osaka by business so he could be free at 9pm. We picked up him after dinner and some people change to attend,here we come the shisha bar with 3girls and Hamza. Hamza is so gentle man,friendly and easy going,also enjoying conversation with us! We really enjoyed spending time with him! And we planed bring him to have a local food next day for lunch.

yasuyo says:
You're welcome! I put down the link official website of Koya-San!
You ever come to visit Japan,let me know;)

cimtech says:
Thank you Yasuyo, staying at the Temple sounds interesting, I will certainly reach out to you for more info about that, once I have a definite plan.
yasuyo says:
Yeah Hasan,it worth to visit! And you can stay at temple! It will be something special Japanese experience:)
Ayaka and me!
Kongoubuji
Kongoubuji
Ayaka making a snowman!
Ayaka making a snowman!
Too cold without gloves!!
Too cold without gloves!!
It too difficult make a round!!
It too difficult make a round!!
Yeah! Finally we made:)
Yeah! Finally we made:)
Decorating his hair;)
Decorating his hair;)
Pravin asked me Is your gloves de…
Pravin asked me "Is your gloves d…
With Koya-kun
Jump!
Jump!
Police has nice old style building
Police has nice old style building
Making a small snow man!?
Making a small snow man!?
Ayaka:)
Ayaka:)
Had a great time at Mt.Koya!!
Had a great time at Mt.Koya!!
Way to back home town;)