Rice harvest in Osaka

Katanoshi Travel Blog

Katano Sake brewery

It's time of Rice harvest. We did rice planting in June(http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/52404/Rice-Planting-Osaka-37) so that rice plants are must be growing up!!

I wasn't bringing a boots this time as I thought the puddy must be dry because of harvest...but it was mistake. Unfortunately I couldn't enter at a puddy. ...I could,but I won't get dirty my wearing shoes. I just tried harvest at egde of puddy also made tie up in a bundle for fook on the dry place. Some people do it very easily but it wasn't easy for me because if I try to tighten by straw,it break. If I do loose then the bundle break...

Michael looks having so much fun. He loves working, looks like he doesn't care get dirty his clothes and shoes.

He went to center of puddy,even another one also! I don't know how he communicate with other Japanese without language but he seems learning how to tie up tighten bundles.

This time about 200 people joined that event. So we finished two puddies by 1.5-2 hours. After working a lot (...Yes I did!!) our main event BBQ and drink was started! As the same at before,we had beers and sake from this brewery. An other group is at the same table with us,we becoming talk together and sharing sake! Michael making a many friend there maybe they knows Michael because he was working with everyone at whole two puddies!!

I always wonder that I never get hang over by this sake brewery. Might be we are having foods together,but usually I do when I drink sake then getting hang over though...  This is one of reason I like to join this event.

Our way to back the station,a man tought us the cake shop which is using sake for cake from Katano sake brewery. He recommended a roll cake and a chiffon cake us. At my turn,the roll cake sold out,autmatucaly I bought a chiffon cake it was taste so good. I found one another pleasure here.

It was so much fun at harvest. We will come to here in March next time for making sake! Michael want to join that event from USA.

yasuyo says:
ys484 says:
昔ながらの稲刈り、いいですね。おいしいお酒になるのも楽しみですよね。
Posted on: Nov 09, 2012
It written The harvest festival
It written "The harvest festival"
Our rice plants!!!
Our rice plants!!!
I bought this mini sake cup:)
I bought this mini sake cup:)
Michael working
Michael working
Sakura-chan playing ;P
Sakura-chan playing ;P
Both of them are so cute!
Both of them are so cute!
Michael got dirty....