AsiaJapanKyoto

Photogenic journey in Kyoto

Kyoto Travel Blog

Marta & me on the Tatsumi bridge

We've construction "FRIEND" since met in person with Marta. I visited Marta in Kyoto during she staying in Kyoto for exploring Kyoto in Yukata which is Japanese tradetional cloth for sumer.

She stayed very interested Inn in Kyoto. It built 100 years ago,and the style is typical old Japanese house in Kyoto. We calle it "Machiya". I actuarlly love the old houses,antique stuffs,tradetional style...something old. They use a small room for a domitory but open two big rooms for living. This is somethng nice because I felt they knows well how foreigner travelers think about "accomodation". They stay at room just for sleeping but they wants to enjoy communication and the style how lovely place they staying.

100years old house
I love the way they running Inn.

We hanged cloth at living room checking anyone coming here. I was forgetting bringing some important stuffs for dress up Yukata ...Oh no...  I asked the owner Inn,then lent 4 strings for us. So I had to dress up by 2 strings one person. It's ok but if someone look at us strictly they could say "What a bad idea!!". Oh well,I do not mention how it looks bad.

We start phooting photos at this old trditional house.  It was so great experience! Especaily Marta has ood sense of photography. We enjoyed a lot taking photos at the living room,garden,entrance. Then went to the Kyoto town continue our photo session. Gion,Ponto-cho,Tatsumi bridge,Kiyomizu temple,and Yasaka. It was already 18:00pm when we arrived at Kiyomzu temple.

Marta shoot me nice pic!
Usually there are so many tourist at say time but after 18:00,shps are almost closed also Kiyomizu temple. Then you know it's good for photo shooting we could avoid too much torist in a frame.

On the way we back Inn,we walked another path. We didn't mention "let's go this way"...just walk as if we knew the way. Then met very beautiful location at Yasaka. What a nice happening!! There are some photographer setting their big camera and waiting the timing they shoot. Yes, we saw a shadow of 5 roofs pagoda in front,then the small stone path get along the pagoda,the moon light makes mysterious Kyoto. What a perfect place in Kyoto! I loved it much.

I think Marta is really lucky woman,and she draw in it herself. Because I learned from her a lot how to makes people happy by her act. This is why I feel good to be with her. I call it "Marta's magic" :D

We had ramen in Kyoto then back to Inn to change our cloth.

It was so sad to say "bye" to Marta. But we never think that this is our last meeting,even think it might be just being friends...real friends!  I really enjoyed her company. We keep in touch rest of her trip in Japan also after she back in her hometown. I'm looking forward to see Marta again somewhere around the world.

the garden
the garden
Mix juice
Mix juice
Yasaka shrine
Yasaka shrine
Geisha? No she made like Oiran s…
Geisha? No she made like "Oiran" …
with a Chainese kid and Marta