AsiaJapanOsaka

Korean town in Osaka

Osaka Travel Blog

Gate of Korean town

This is a biggest one Korean town in Japan.
It's between Tsuruhashi,Momodani at the loop line in Osaka.
You will see the South Korea if entered there.

I do love Korean things. For example foods,movies,language,Pojagi which means Korean original patchwork...   I have been to South Korea more than 20 times. I feel comfortable there all the time. Seems my root are there? No,I don't have as long as I know.
I & my daughter & my older sister went to there on the first Sunday Aug. well,I have to say at first that we behave like a 3 sisters always!:)

This street consist of 3 section which are West,Center,East. There are more than 100 stores.  We are walking from west to east and return and again.

My daughter chose this one!
..then I found nice one! I searched about the street on internet last night. There is a photo studio of Korean traditional clothes which is Chima jeogori. I had a wish to wear it but I didn't have an opportunity till now. We can try it only 1,000yen(10.4 US$). We have to pay plus 1,000yen if we wished the photo from the store with professional camera. We have a digital camera so we don't need professional photo.  They has 150 Chima Jeogori. We can chose favorite one of them. But which color would be nice,which design would be great...we took around 30min just for it. After chose,the man explained to us how to wear it. My sister doesn't hear it well so she was wearing it opposite at first:P  As a man said that it make tight our breast. And show very tighten it is a beautiful style.
We are 3 sisters!?
 It's a very beautiful clothes besides we took most casual one. I really respect it as we have a traditional clothes Kimono in Japan. My daughter said "I wanted to live at Korea then I can wear it anytime". I was glad to hear it from her because seems she also have the respect to other country already.
We took several pose for taking pictures. The man taught us the usual pose as Korean. We don't pay more than 1,000yen nevertheless they are so kind.
After wearing this we got hungry so much! So we went to buffet of Korean foods. There are 15 sort of foods and rice and soup.
It was 800yen(8.3US$) and could take any things. I love Korean foods because it is always healthy for our health.
And we bought some foods from Korean. For example, steamed meat of pig, Korean tea Omija, glutinous with rice...etc

Seems we traveled to South Korea day trip today!
It was really nice place and there are so many lovely people! Certainly I would go back there sometimes. My sister already decided which color wear next time. Also she decided color for some TravBuddy who knows her. lol  There is a few clothes for man. You should try to it if you are interested in that.

Do you have a Korean town in your city?  You might have an experience there like a day trip to South Korea! Happy travel:D

gadol2 says:
hehe! I used to wear Hanbok(Chima&Jeogori). but I don't have now. All my Hanbok seemed too unfit(small) for me. lol cuz of I'm grow up. in my opinion, korean women has own too small size Hanbok. like my case :)
yasuyo says:
Hi Kayoung!
Ah, I can imagine you are into violet! It must be great! Korean women has own Chima Jeogori almost? When you wear it?
gadol2 says:
Awesome! lol I'm into violet :)
We are 3 sisters!?
We took the buffet there!
We took the buffet there!
Love the Korean foods!!!
Love the Korean foods!!!
Street
Street
How do you think this color?
How do you think this color?
mhh which one is better...
mhh which one is better...
mmmhhhhhh.......