AsiaJapanNara

Horyuji temple & Kasuga shrine

Nara Travel Blog

It's sunny day,we just visited Nara. Nara prefecture is traditional Japanese town just like Kyoto. But I prefer to visit Nara because less tourist than Kyoto,and feel more calm as well. I've visited many times but never went to Horyuji-temple yet. So this time we decided to visit there. The Horyuji-temple is the first admit of the world heritage in Japan. The temple incluide some old building especially the Saiingaran was built 1,400 years ago(repaired in 1934-1985). It's an oldest wooden building in the world.

We had to walk in 30 minutes from the station near by. It's already the end of October but still having warm or even I could say it's hot temparture. The guide asked us exploring around the temple together,but we didn't.

Omikoshi
She gave us a tip that the Omikoshi will arrival at the entrance of temple around 2pm as they hold festival today.

We start exploring inside temple. It's a quite big one. The exhidits are arranged on a historical basis it was most interesting for me. By chance it's almost 2 pm when we come back to the entrance so there were some Omikoshi. They have to through the gate with Omikoshi without the accident. We watched it a little bit staying there,but seems like they do not start yet. Well,we leave for Todaiji-temple.

We took a train again and walk to Todaiji-temple. It's almost last part of staying in Japan this time for Michael. Luckily or unluckily,Michael found an antique shop on the street.

We listen the sound of Shou from inside
 We spent some time there. We are getting hungry,so tried to find nice restaurant. But usually they open for lunch and dinner,around 4 pm is hard to find the restaurant.

At the Naramachi which is very traditional Japanese style area,we found a cafe then had meal. It was nice take a break there. Todaiji-temple might close so we just walk to Kasuga-shrine. I like to visit Kasuga-shrine. Some deers welcomed us,getting dark already. It's very beautiful to see the red gate in day time,unfortunatelly not this time...but instead it we had very good atmosphere there. No one there,we just try to walk around shrine. We listen the sounds of Shou which is Japanese musical instrument from inside of shrine. The Shou has sounds like a flute. Someone practice that or playing it for the end of the day...very special time. We were lucky to been in there.

To visit the same place is sound boring. But we can find nice things each time. This is something I learned since when I start travel also the same thing as I wrote it on my profile here.

yasuyo says:
Thank you so much all the smiles and lovely comments! Always glad to see your comments:)
Yes,every times will be different even if we visited the same place:)
Posted on: Nov 16, 2012
westwind57 says:
Very nice blog, Yasuyo. I guess I know what you mean in the last sentence... Sometimes there are just little things (like the silence or that flute sound) that make a place special, and always different from a previous visit... :)
Posted on: Nov 16, 2012
Omikoshi
We listen the sound of Shou from i…
We listen the sound of Shou from …
The gate of Horyuji