AsiaJapanKobe

Exploring around Kobe meet-up

Kobe Travel Blog

For hiking part,all of us!

I've exchanged e-mail via TB with Jordi from Spain several times before he come to Japan. I organized meet-up with him and other local buddies also friends from CS and mine. We made meet-up some places in Osaka,Nara, before. But have not hold it at Kobe yet even we have some friends in Kobe, Chris (  http://www.travbuddy.com/reikunboy ). So we decided hold it in Kobe this time,made short hiking at Nunobiki and walk around Motomachi , Harbor land.

It's nice weather in Kobe. We met at Shinkobe as Jordi and his friend come from Kyoto by Shinkansen.

It's damaged by a big earthquake
  We arrived a bit late then Jordi waited us for a while. We bought some foods,onigiri (rice ball) and water before going to hike. Some eat at the station already! The hiking course start just behinde of the station,it too easy to get! We have a Kobe guide named Megumi. She originality from Kobe and loving hiking everywhere! We just follow her at the course...she was wearing sandals when she hike on that small mountain,it's small mountain but it's hiking course!! You see how she is professional for it:)

This time we are quite big party. So being separate faster group and later group as usual. Oh well, will be together somewhere...! The Nunobiki is not so hard hike. You can climb up to half of mountain easily by 1.5 hour. If you got tiring,there is a cable car also. We just took it when we return to the town. We all joined at cable car entrance.

All of us at night part

After we get to the town,walked around Kitano area. This area atmospher is like a Europian as many houses were import from there. This is why travelers from abroad dosn't like this place much as it has not atomospher of Japan never.  We went to Harbor land. Oh I've not been here for many ages,I don't know why...I came here maybe before they got a big earthquake in 1995...year more than 20 years ago...!! We saw damage by that earthquake around harbor,they keep how it was bad as memorial place.

We had dinner there and enjoyed night view around there. It's so peaceful place now with many people enjoying Octoberfesta there and laud music,shopping at the mall.

We spent whole day with a lot of lauhter and thought about danage by the big earthquake.

For hiking part,all of us!
Its damaged by a big earthquake
It's damaged by a big earthquake
Just starting the hike from here
Just starting the hike from here
Higanbana. It blooming at Sep.
Higanbana. It blooming at Sep.
cable car
Night view
Night view
We came to Iresh pub!
We came to Iresh pub!
Jordi and KJ and me all from TB!
Jordi and KJ and me all from TB!
Kobe