Explore my home town

Sakai city Travel Blog

Karesansui

Sakai City in Osaka is very old town,like we have an oldest Japanese style house in Sakai City. It was prosperity as there is a port,any stuffs were imported from Sakai port. We had war but Sakai was protect as also we have ancient tombs in Sakai. So sometimes we can touch many historical things around here. Nevertheless I didn't visit famous temple in Sakai called "Nanzen-ji" untill now. After I lived in 11years in Sakai City,I explore my city a little by bicycle!

We went to retal bike which is running by city.  They has 4points for rent a bike in a city.

It was only 300yen/day. They gave us a map of sightseeing cources. We didn't follow everything on that map,we just wanted to visit Nanzen-ji and around a biggest ancient tomb and Japanese garden at Daisen Park. I know the rough road,well we started explore!!

At first we were running on Goryo-Street. It's easy get to our destination but we found an antique store on the road. So we spent some time there,there are many nice stuffs and almost costly like they sales a original picture around 300USD, a small plate from Edo period 1000USD...It worth seems like,but also scare as we don't know how it has value. So we didn't buy anythings but enjoyed chat with owner. I like these old Japanese stuffs especially a chest of drawers,would be nice put with modernistic stuffs.

We arrived to Nanzen-ji,it said that a Shogun had rest at this temple. And there is a grave of Senno-Rikyu who built the style of Japanese tea.  But there is a volunteer guide,she said everythings are still mistery,there are some hypothesises. We walked inside of temple,there is a Karesansui,meaning it quite dry garden nothing grass and water but made representation with drawing pebbles. I never thought I can see that in Sakai City,near my home.

After we left the temple,we went to the Japanese garden in Daisen Park. The enter fee is 200yen. I come here sometimes because they hold event here like live music. There is blooming peach flowers. And we tried japanese rice cake and Japanese tea at the Japanese cafe. uh,all Japanese things!!

By the park