AsiaJapanKyoto

Bamboo forest in Arashiyama

Kyoto Travel Blog

Arashiyama Honsen,Sai St.

Kyoto is most popular tourist area in Japan. You can visit mamy different of temples at there. It would be good to visiting part of area for a day,then probably kyoto has separated for three parts. I've visiting several times close to Osaka which is Kiyomizu,Gion,Fushimi,around. Being a little bit familiar with those places.

This time,Jhoice and I were planning to meet in Kyoto. We exchanged many messages via TravBuddy. We're really looking forward to seeing each other in person. Before few days,Jhoice mentioned about to go to Arashiyama at our meeting day! .

Yeah! We gathered:)
..Honestly I have not been to there about 30years!! Also for me,Arashiyama is just for cherry blossoms or autumn for turn red leaves... Well,I told her that probably we can visit a few places there and let's go to Japanese movie studio,Uzumasa if we had time! Yes,I was sure we must go to Uzumasa.

The date was set up on 29th Monday, since it's week day we never thought other local could join us then I looked for someone who is around Kyoto that day. Then hit Malay and Fernando. I sent them a message about our plan in Kyoto,finally they joinned the meet-up! Also Malay and Fernando and I had a pre meet-up in Osaka before night;) ....I know I shouldn't get drunk much before meet-up.

We all gathered at Saiin St. in Kyoto at 11am. However everyone had mistake about direction at train! Fernando came by taxi as he was close to the station.

on the train
Jhoice picked up Rebecca befpre meeting time in Osaka. Almost they gathered at the same time,finally I could see Jhoice:D We took Arashiyama Honsen line from Sai to Arashiyama. It look very much old line.

Since we arrived at Arashiyama St., Fernando lead us with Google map on his iPhone. It's very useful and we never got lost because of that even we could make short cut! We start calling Fernando "Google-kun"! Our first visiting is Bamboo path. It's very tiny path and there are so many tourists. Honestly we're little bit disappointed as it was not beautiful with turned leaves also couldn't take nice picture because of a lot of people... Oh well, it's tourist area. We through that path and ahead to Adashino-nenbutsuji. Jhoice's friend Rebecca searched around there so well. She suggestion where want to go.

Jinrikisha
It seems like tourists come to visit at Adashino-nenbutsuji. However people return to station area from there. We just walked some more up to then what we saw is more quiet bamboo forest with no one!!

Wow! We seem like found very special place! We're so excited to be there and took many pictures before people come to here. So peaceful and quiet. We think we are so lucky! We start walking to go down....then Rebecca asked us that she wanna go one more place around here. OK, we must go before going down hill. It's named Otagi-nenbutsuji. I've never visited here and it is awesome place! Otagi-nenbutsuji is on a small hill,there are so many stone Buddha statues at that inclination. And all of them has so unique face expression. I was really appreciate to visiting here. We spent some times here each other own style.

Jinrikisha

It's time to have late lunch. We found a Soba noodle restaurant. It's getting rainy,but only we were in restaurant. How nice weather we had! The Soba noodle was not so special,but still good:) also we each had Japanese sweets,Mitarashi-dango. It's almost about 4pm. I never ever expect that there are so many places to visit at Arashiyama area. We still missing some more places around there...Oh,how nice it is in Kyoto! I had to back Osaka after lunch, Fernando also went back to his hotel. He leaves for Tokyo tomorrow. Malay and Jhoice and Rebecca went to Togetsu-kyo(bridge) which is main place of Arashiyama. We're just good companions for traveling! We'd love to gather again! However Malay and I planed to go to Mt.Koya on the 2nd Jan,before Malay back to U.K.

They are newbie on the site. And it seems like they loved the meet-up very much! I'm so glad to see that and feeling that. This is the TravBuddy!

Hoping we gather again somewhere around the world:) Nice buddies!!

nolan says:
Yes, Kyoto and Nara. Not to mention Express trains and local trains.
Posted on: Jan 09, 2015
yasuyo says:
Hahaha,truly Nolan!
Maybe because there are many rail line into Kyoto? That's the way of Kyoto as it is the place for tourist ;) hehe!
Posted on: Jan 09, 2015
nolan says:
Hahaha every traveler to Kyoto has to make a mistake with the trains - it's a most interesting experience!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2015
All of us at Bamboo forest
All of us at Bamboo forest
many tourists are there...
many tourists are there...
Nonomiya shrine