3,2,1....!!! The count down meet-up in Osaka

Osaka Travel Blog

I got some contacts from buddies or just saw someone come to Osaka around New Years day...why not we have a meet-up then;) I was thinking what we do this time as Ayaka who is organizing meet-up together every time in Osaka is going to her holiday trip around new years...I was getting a little bit nervous by it. So there is a New Years Day,maybe people will stay with family...Oh yes,we can to be celebration New Years Day together!

I found a count down party at Sky building in Umeda,it sound cool as the enter fee is only 700yen and there is the band playing for the party and we can celebrate at near the sky! I decided to visit there and of course have dinner before that.

Also would be nice to have an experience to go to shrine for pray new a Japanese habbit at new years day! I was so exciting for that plan because we never had count down meet0-up before in Osaka.

Ayaka's friend Azzy(She also TB member) helping me well as she gather some friends from Couchsurfing website. Finally we were 9people for dinner. We had typical Japanese cuisine Shabu-Shabu that day. We enjoyed it a lot! It still early going to Count Down party so we just had some drinks at the bar close to the sky building. It's almost time for count down,we tried get to there a little bit early as it may crowed there. BUT,we heard announce way to go there that they quite do the count down party as many people attending there even they don't do at ground floor.

..too bad!!! OK,we changed plan to go to an another bar for count's almost 11:30pm. Finally Azzy joined us at Umeda St. after she finished work in Kyoto. We ride on a subway and went to Shisaibashi it taken about 10min...Oops! The new year is upcoming soon...we won't be calebrate at subway,so we start to run get to land!! It was so hard clibming up stairs then just after a few second at the road,3,2,1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Hahaha,we laugh a lot,a lot,a lot....with breathing hard,also don't know where it is! At least we could avoid welcome new year at subway!  We went to the bar which was doing count down...sure it already late though. We did dancing, drinking,and smoking shesha! It was my first experience of shesha was fun.  We spend some hours there and went to near the shrine from the bar.

It was long day but so much fun! My 2012 finished with TravBuddy and started 2013 with TravBuddy! I would meet many people from over the world in 2013 too! I'm so HAPPY!

yasuyo says:
Jim,exactry! As we together from 7 countries over the world!! What a wonderful community;)
Posted on: Jan 21, 2013
rsvpme says:
Looks like it was a wild get together
Posted on: Jan 20, 2013
yasuyo says:
Thanks Chris! Yeah it always:)
So can you join next meet-up on the 18th?
Posted on: Jan 12, 2013