15.04.2009 Leaving Germany!

Reykjavik Travel Blog

This morning I left sunshine - Germany at 10:10 am. As you can imagine I was happy to tare of the last day of my calender ;-) My  luggage was 1 Backpack and one Suitcase (Oldschool) without wheels! I had a good fight with that luggage in the early hours.. Also to my disappointment the friendly Lufthansa - lady told me that I had to pay 110€ due to "overluggage"..! Not good..;-)

I managed to get the weight down to 80€ stuffing everything into my handluggage but still I didn' t have a smile on my face.. I guess the lady checking me in noticed and scribbelt "overluggage 5Kg = 50€".. that's me smiling again!

The flight to Copenhagen was quite pleasent as I fell asleep as soon as the wheels where in the air..!;-)  Arriving in Copenhagen I took my bag and left the airport for a few minutes as I had to wait 2 hours anyway and I couldn't visit Denmark without stepping outside of the Terminal.. no way!

The next flight from Copenhagen to Reykjavik was quite similar to the first one.. I fell asleep and even missed a free snack that was sponsored by Iceland Air...!;-) Travelling always makes me so tired..

Once I got to Reykjavik I was back at 100%! The tourist information at the Airport gave me some usefull tipps, I changed money so I could make use of the week icelandic krone and finally I found myself sitting in the "Flybus" , beeing taken from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik! A good busride and the first time I was able to see the endless landscapes! Quite impressive

At BIS Bus Terminal I took a taxi to the Reykjavik City hostel. A great place, very friendly people and the best swimmingpool I've ever been to is just beside it. It_s an outdoor and indoor pool, I paid 360krones entry ( thats about 2€). As soon as you get out of the changing room you see the water steaming..! Thatś what a pool should be like.. hot water;-)!
I stayed there till they closed and thats about it for today!

Thats the perfect first day, can it get any better?? of course!

see you